Tuesday, February 21

WICKED!

The hubby gave me the greatest Christmas present ever and I finally got see it tonight! Tickets to Wicked! It was an experience of a lifetime! Since being back on stage I've really felt a peace within myself feeling back in my own skin, doing something I love to do. As much as I love being on stage, nothing compares to watching a show come together at the peak, being a part of an audience, feeling every emotion without being clouded by the process that went into it. It took my breath. I've been waiting years to see it so it was a dream come true for me. I literally felt like I was flying when we left. I cried throughout the entire show, that's the overly zealous side of me, but when Elphie backed up to the back of the stage and I knew she was about to fly in Defying Gravity, I gripped onto Randy's knee, my body shook, and I thought I was going to hyperventilation. Years of adoration came pouring out all in that moment with that famous note as she was lifted into the air. I sobbed. It was beautiful. Every moment I was glued to. The actors were superb and the each member of the ensemble were top notch. I couldn't picture it being any better. The girl playing Elphaba was perfect. I could picture Idina Menzel at every second, yet she still made it her own. The night was perfect. My husband knows just what it takes to send me over the moon!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing?? We saw if for the first time in October..... Just perfection on a stage!

    ReplyDelete